Also known as the "City of Roses" Portland is the largest city in the US state of Oregon. For Muslim travellers to the city, Portland offers masjids with good facilities and a few wonderful halal restaurants to dine at. Sightseeing in the city is also quite eventful with lots of historic and modern places to visit.
There are some wonderful halal restaurants in Portland offering Middle Eastern, Lebanese, American and Indian and Pakistani cuisine. Here is a list of some of the halal restaurants in Portland.
- Hush Hush Café (Middle Eastern cuisine) at 433 SW 4th Avenue, Portland.
- Persian House Restaurant (Persian cuisine) at 1026 SW Morrison Street, Portland.
- Beirut Café & Catering (Lebanese cuisine) at 2 SW Naito Parkway, Portland.
- Mayura Indian Grill (Indian cuisine) at 1323 NW 23rd Avenue, Portland.
- Bombay Curry (Pakistani cuisine) at 14845 SW Murray Scholls Drive, Beaverton, Portland.
- Abu Rasheed (Lebanese cuisine) at 1921 SW 6th Avenue, Portland.
- Safari (Somali cuisine) at 3939 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Portland.
- Enjoni Café (Mediterranean cuisine) at 910 North Killingsworth Street, Portland.
Most of these restaurants have a clear halal sign visible on their menu or window and many are owned by Muslims and confirm verbally that they serve halal food. However, it is always better to confirm before dining.
Portland has a good population of Muslims from Africa, Middle East and Europe. As such there are no Muslim dominated areas in the city, however there are a good number of Muslims in the Beaverton area. Listed below are masjids in the city.
- Bilal Masjid at 4115 SW 160th Street, Beaverton, Portland.
- Islamic Center of Portland at 6940 SW Hall Blvd, Beaverton, Portland.
- Masjid Abubaka Al-Sadiq at 2 NE 80th Avenue, Portland.
- Masjid As-Saber at 10323 SW 43rd Avenue, Portland.
- Masjid Muhammad at 3807 Union Street NE, Portland.
- Masjid al-Noor at 7108 NE Glisan Street, Portland.
- Islamic Center of Southeast Portland at 11939 SE Stark Street, Portland.
- Bethany Musallah at 15188 NW Central Drive, Portland.