Singapore’s Grand Prix
is one of the top events on the motor races calendar of the FIA Formula One World Championship
, and they are set to amaze this year as well. The Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix is an event like no other, filled with performances from artists all around the world, awesome merchandise, amazing food, and of course, car races like no other! Not to worry, we’ll tell you how to have a Halal-friendly experience at the F1 Race 2017!
Credits - giphy.com
When and Where?
Date: 15 to 17 September 2017
15 September, Friday: Practice
16 September, Saturday: Qualifying
17 September, Sunday: Race
Location: Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore
Contact: + 65 6738 6738
How to Get There?
The Marina Bay Street Circuit Center is in walking distance from downtown - you can take the MRT
, bus or taxi. If you are flying in to be a part of the 2017 F1 Singapore Grand Prix, your best option is to take a taxi from the airport, which you can easily find at the arrivals area. You can also catch the MRT (metro) to Tanah Merah MRT station, from where you can connect to any part of the city. You can find the closest MRT to each of the grandstands/zones here
. Another option you have is the Public Bus - particularly, Bus 36
, departing from Terminal 2 that will take you to the city center.
Ticket Prices (SGD)
Picture Credit - www.forums.vrzone.com
The ticket prices will vary according to the access that the ticket entitles you to. It ranges from $40 to $2,000++. Of course, the more expensive the ticket, you will get a better view of the race and witness more amazing performances! Find more information here
But cars aren’t the only thing you’ll be seeing here, you will also get to experience many live performances by local and international artists. Get more information about the performances here
Halal Food Near the Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix
Picture Credit - www.buro247.sg
The Marina Bay Street Circuit is set to be filled with shops and vendors selling all kinds of merchandise and food. You should be able to find Vegetarian and Halal Food. You can also find Halal restaurants near the premises – one of them being the Marina Bay Sands Singapore, which serves Halal-certified food such as 1983 A Taste of Nanyang and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Beanstro. Other Halal restaurants in the area are Asian Market Café at Swissotel The Stamford, Turkish Kebab House at Suntec City Mall and Noosh Halal Noodle Bar and Grill at the Esplanade. Enjoy a delicious filling meal before heading to the F1 Night Race. You need enough energy for the night, you know?
Where to Pray?
Carry a portable prayer garment and mat with you, and you should be able to find a corner of the ground to pray in. Ask the staff if there are any prayer rooms or areas in the Marina Bay Street Circuit, and they should be able to direct you. You can also find prayer rooms nearby the Singapore Grand Prix 2017 – including Singapore Flyer and Marina Square Mall.
Picture Credit - www.formulatorqueclub.com
- Taking public transport, the MRT (metro) in particular, to The Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix is your best bet, and the gates are all in walking distance.
- As we mentioned, it is quite hot in Singapore, so wear light and breezy clothes. Sunblock, hats, and sensible footwear are definitely recommended!
- The gates to the F1 in Singapore 2017 are open from 12:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily; check your tickets for your timings and zones.
- You will have to go through a security check before entering the premises. It would better if you don’t carry large bags or unnecessary items to make sure that this process goes by fast and smooth. There are also some items that you are not allowed to bring – refer here
for a full list of the prohibited items.
- If you are bringing children with you, make sure they also have tickets. If they are under 7 years old, download and sign an indemnity form.
- Bring plenty of money and change, so you can shop till you drop, and eat till your stomach is full. However, if you run out of money, you can easily find ATM machines across the Circuit Park.
- There are wheelchair-friendly facilities - do find out the specific wheelchair accessible areas and restrooms to make sure you are prepared.
- Medical assistance and first aid booths are also available across the Circuit Park. So, if you are feeling unwell, find one of the staff immediately and they will direct you to these places.
Why Should You be a Part of the Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2017?
Picture Credit - www.singaporegp.sg
Experience the electricity and be a part of an event like no other. Feel the adrenaline pump as you are surrounded by massive crowds, sounds of car engines revving, live performances and smells of awesome food.
With the Marina Bay Street Circuit as your backdrop, you will have endless amounts of awesome photographic opportunities. Capture the cars zoom by, the concerts, fireworks, mouth-watering food, and so much more.
So what are you waiting for? Book your tickets now and enjoy a Halal-friendly experience at the 2017 Formula 1 happening in Singapore!