HalalTrip is back with the 3rd edition of HalalTrip 40, where we treasure, recognize, and celebrate the efforts of Muslim frontrunners in each of their fields. With different kinds of achievements and specialties, these Muslims have significantly contributed to bringing positive changes in the community while inspiring Muslims worldwide with a strong will, creativity, and eagerness.
This year, our 3rd edition of the HalalTrip 40 was released and launched at the Halal In Travel Global Summit 2023 and is separated into four different categories —Trailblazers, Advocates, Inspirers, and Creators. Be it big or small, popular or under the radar, the HalalTrip 40 are here to celebrate their contributions and influence on the ummah.
Find out more about the Muslims that led influential movements, inclusivity heroes, entrepreneurs, content creators, educators, and some of the most inspiring Muslims for this year here.
The HalalTrip 40 list in no way implies our endorsement of their views. We are simply measuring their spheres of influence through the many areas and remarkable contributions they have made to the Muslim community.
See the full list of awardees on the HalalTrip 40 here!
HalalTrip 40 Awardees & The Four Categories
This year HalalTrip 40 awardees are separated into four categories: Trailblazers, Advocates, Inspirers, and Creators.
Trailblazers are individuals who acted as thought leaders and made breakthroughs in their respective fields or according to their specializations. By being the first, or one of the few in the industry.
- Cadar Mohamud, US — Unifying Muslim women worldwide through The Digital Sisterhood podcast.
- Kat Aziz, Singapore — Empowering Muslim women with confidence through modest wear, Kaifiyyah.
- Lieutenant (LTA) Iffa Daniesha, Singapore — First female Malay Muslim naval officer breaking barriers.
- Nurhayati Subakat, Indonesia — Pioneer of Halal Cosmetics in Indonesia and founcer of Wardah Cosmetics.
- Rahma Utami, Indonesia — Founder of Suarise, empowering visually impaired individuals in the digital era.
- Umar Munshi, Malaysia — Founder of Ethis Ventures and GlobalSadaqah.com, pioneering Islamic Fintech.
- Zeenat Parker, South Africa — Visionary leader of Women of Hope South Africa, providing Islamic chaplaincy services.
Advocates are individuals who are committed to changing the community for the better through education, charity, humanitarian efforts, or environmental advocacy. In short, they are champions of doing good.
- Ashwaaq Fidar, UK — Advocating for sustainability and inclusivity through modest wear, InQlude.
- Assad Masud, UK — Revolutionary Arabic language learning platform, Arabic Unlocked.
- Dr. Rania Awaad, US — Empowering mental health and holistic healing at Yaqeen Institute.
- Faraliza Zainal, Singapore — Creating a holistic learning center for individuals with special needs, serving the Malay-Muslim community.
- Haydira Prili Ananza, Indonesia — Mental health advocate sharing insights for a fulfilling life.
- Imam Uzair Akbar, Australia — Advocate for interfaith dialogue and social cohesion in Australia.
- Kamran Siddiqui, Bosnia — Philanthropic trips to Bosnia centered on Islamic heritage and history.
- Melody Nurramdhani Laksani, Indonesia — Hijab influencer and Japan-ASEAN ambassador for food and agriculture.
- Pandawaragroup, Indonesia — Bandung-based organization promoting environmental awareness.
- Ustaz Dzaki Rosman, US — TikTok content creator, known for his educational videos on Tajwid and the Islamic call to prayer.
Inspirers are individuals that stand strong for the belief they believed in, are courageous, inspire change, and motivate other Muslims and the community to be better.
- Abdiya Iman, Spain — Transformative experiences for Muslim women worldwide through Sisters Getaway.
- Aisha Amiijee, Canada — Empowering women globally through storytelling on Voices of Muslim Women.
- Husein Ja'far Al Hadar, Indonesia — Promoting peace, inclusivity, and kindness for all.
- Mishary Rashed Al-Afasy, Kuwait — Renowned Kuwaiti nasheed artist and Qur'an reciter.
- Muhsin Cason, US — Muslim boxer promoting peace, unity, and interfaith dialogue.
- Syekh Omar Sulaiman, US — Inspiring Muslim scholar, speaker, and advocate.
- Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan, US — Islamic scholar and founder of Bayyinah Institute, offering resources for Quranic understanding.
- Yusha Evans, US — Muslim counselor, life coach, and lecturer, founder of the Muslim Gamers League.
- Zahra Aljabri, US — Relatable spiritual coach and entrepreneur, founder of the Muslima Coaching Academy.
- Zhafira Aqila, Indonesia — CEO of TauLebih, offering comprehensive sexual education from an Islamic perspective.
Creators are content creators that acted as powerful storytellers that encourage and motivate others to be the best version of themselves, through their own digital tools, content, or their crafts.
- Ahmad Alzahabi, US — Inspiring food content and faith education through The Golden Balance.
- Ahmed Almaadheed, Qatar — Qatari artist and entrepreneur behind the 3D animation series, Fougha Sathah.
- Dr. Farajhasan, US — Dental student and creator spreading positivity on TikTok about the Quran.
- Dua, New Zealand — Travel enthusiast sharing Muslim-friendly tips on DuaDiscovers.
- Elena Nikolova, UK — First Muslim woman to become a Chartered Islamic Marketer in the UK.
- Ibrahim Algwaider, US — Content creator, comedian, and philanthropist spreading positivity.
- Khalid Al Ameri and Salama Mohamed, UAE — Husband and wife duo content create to spread positivity.
- Mustafa Ahmed, Canada — Introspective and emotional poetry.
- Nurul & Fazwan, Singapore — Dedicated to sharing knowledge and passion for travel through Explore To Makan.
- Sinan Ismail, Malaysia — Beloved creators of Islamic cartoon series, Omar & Hana.
- Soundous Boualam, Belgium — Co-founder of Brussels Global Review, creating motivational content based on Islamic teachings.
- Syafiqa, Singapore — Creating humorous and relatable Hijabi Gal content.
- Zahid Ibrahim, Indonesia — Content creator inspiring personal growth through his channel.
Congratulations to the awardees and their milestones in inspiring and influencing Muslims worldwide to be leaders, courageous, educate, and changing people’s beliefs and the community for the better. Hope we all could soon follow in their footsteps and be our own role models. InshAllah.
Learn more about each of the awardees, their stories, and how they make changes in their communities and across the world on the HalalTrip 40 page!