In this episode, we were tourists in our very own Little India simply stuffing our faces with everything we have always wanted to try. We dived straight into our first appetizer for the day just across the Indian Heritage Centre. met the great family behind Pak Kashmiri Delights and ended the day by joining the evening crowd at the all-famous Moghul Sweet Shop.
What to Listen For
- Where are they today? - Vibrant and colorful Little India
- Inspired by a Tiktok video of people going around Little India and trying out different food
- RW Mithai Mandir for Panipuris - Vegetarian place opposite the Indian Heritage Centre
- Next up, is Tekka Centre - How do you pronounce Tekka?
- Hazirah's first memory of Naan
- Nurul's recollection of the area
- Walking the streets of Little India
- Kandang Kerbau Hospital (KKH)
- Where Hazirah's grandmother used to live.
- The mosques in Little India - Angullia Mosque and Abdul Gafoor Mosque
- Dunlop Street - Where Malayan Council used to be at
- Pak Kashmiri Delights, Tekka Centre
- Naans they got - Garlic Naan, Cheese Naan, Afghan and Kashmiri
- Palak Panir and Butter Chicken as condiments
- More about the stall - A family-run business and they have been doing it for many years. Some family members are originally from Pakistan.
- Moghul Sweet Shop, Little India Arcade
- Gulab Jamun and other Indian sweets at the Little India Arcade
- What to get at the sweet shop - Gulab Jamun, Kalakand , Jalebi and Samosas
RW Mithai Mandir
48 Serangoon Road, Little India Arcade, #01-68, Singapore 217959
Pak Kashmiri Delights
665 Buffalo Rd, #01-250 Tekka Food Centre, Singapore 210665
Moghul Sweet Shop
48 Serangoon Rd, #01-16, Singapore 217959
Halal Travel Podcast
The Halal Travel Podcast hosted by Hazirah, Nurul, and Raudha as they talk candidly about travel, food, life, and everything else in between and sometimes with awesome guests! Listen to moving and inspirational stories from our guests from all walks of life.
Check out The Halal Travel Podcast page here!