Ramadan and Eid experience is unique this year. Each country is celebrating in different ways. Uzbekistan is one such country where the Ulema Council has given recommendations on how to celebrate Eid this year. Uzbekistan has a population of 34 million with 88% being Muslims.
Acknowledging the current pandemic situation which does not allow Eid al-Fitr prayer to be performed in congregation, the Council of Ulema of the Muslim Board of Uzbekistan have the following recommendations for the celebration of Eid al-Fitr in Uzbekistan:
Pray at Home
- Taking into account the temporary suspension of public prayers in mosques during the epidemic period, on the basis of the fatwa of the Council of Ulema of the Muslim Board of Uzbekistan, the performance of Eid al-Fitr (Eid al-Fitr) prayers is also exempt from the obligation of Muslims. The brothers and sisters are advised to perform four rakaats of nafl prayer in their homes after the sun rises on the day of Eid.
Talks by Scholars on TV and Social Media
- The scholars, imams, and preachers, in spite of today’s temporary difficulties, have said that Eid al-Fitr, brings joy to the homes, hearts, blessings to the country and increases the love for each other. The media, television, and radio channels are requested to carry out large-scale advocacy work in press and mass media.
- Conveys the Eid al-Fitr greetings of the Muslim Board of Uzbekistan on May 2, 2022, to the people of Uzbekistan.
- Have televised interviews by scholars about the virtues of Eid al-Fitr.
- On the eve of Eid al-Fitr, depending on the Media Plan, the programs planned to be broadcast on all TV channels to be organized and covered by the Qadi, chief imams of cities and regions, and the authoritative religious scholars.
- The Qadi and the chief imam-khatibs of the cities and regions are recommended to organize "Happy Ramadan!" online lectures on the day of Eid al-Fitr through social networks.
Take Care of the Elderly and Sick
- On the eve of Eid and during holidays, it is recommended to visit and take care of the elderly and the sick and to carry out the traditions of congratulating Eid and other customs in keeping requirements of quarantine.
Nationwide Eid wishes campaigns
- To place in the centers of cities signages "Eid al-Fitr - a holiday of generosity", "Eid al-Fitr - a season of joy", "Eid al-Fitr - a great joy".
- To carry out a nationwide campaign themed "Generosity and Support" with the involvement of sponsors in order to support the needy on the eve of Eid al-Fitr.
The Ulema Council makes Dua that our brothers and sisters, in this moment of Allah's mercy and blessings, that our hearts soften and our sincerity grows. May He protect the Uzbekistan people from disasters and calamities, and make the lives even more prosperous.