There are endless varieties in which you can make your pizzas. The Mini Pizza Cups are perfect for Iftar with the family or even for parties. What's great about it is that this version of pizza is that is completely mess free, and comes in bite size portions. if you have young little guests coming over to your place, this is going to be their ultimate favourite. Simple yet delicious, you can add your own touch to it by adding different toppings for each cup.
In this recipe, there are 3 Steps to get that perfect Mini Pizza Cup. Alternatively, you can go for a store bought dough and Marinara sauce but if you do have some time up your sleeves we woul definitely recommend you to make your own dough at home since it will be fresh.
Step 1: Making the Pizza Dough
- Activate the yeast. In a small bowl or cup add the luke warm water along with the yeast and sugar. Stir and let it sit for about 5-7 mins until the yeast has been activated.
- In the meantime, take a large bowl and add in 3 cups of all purpose flour along with salt and mix well with wooden spoon.
- Then, add extra virgin olive oil along with the water and yeast into the mixture. Mix well to form a dough.
- Add flour gradually as you mix the dough until it becomes smooth.
- Knead the dough for around 5 minutes and set aside in a greased bowl covered in plastic wrap or damp cloth .
- Set the dough aside to rise for about 1 ½ hours .
Note – you can speed up this process using a stand mixture. Use the dough hook attachment for this.
Step 2: Marinara Sauce
- Heat oil in a medium sized sauce pan.
- While the oil is heating, chop up your garlic and onion very finely.
- Add the chopped garlic and oil into the heating oil and cook until translucent.
- Once the onions are translucent and fragrant add crushed tomatoes and mix well.
- Cook the tomatoes for around 5 mins
- Season the sauce with the dried oregano, basil and add salt according to your preference.
- Leave the sauce to simmer for around 10 mins until it is thick.
Step 3: Making the Pizza Cups
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease your cup cake tray with vegetable spray or butter.
- Roll out your pizza dough into a ¼ inch thickness and cut out circles using a cookie cutter or a lid of a jar. The circles should be slightly bigger than the size of your cupcake.
- Place the cut out dough circles into the cupcake tray and press down gently.
- Add the marinara sauce to the dough.
- Fill each dough 'cup' with Mozzarella cheese.
- Top it off with your favorite toppings.
- Add more Mozzarella cheese on top. Repeat the same for the rest of the cups.
- Bake for around 20 mins until golden.
- Serve warm.
Whip up this fun treat with your children and family! Afterall, food tastes better when it's made together with love and joy.