Surah Al-Fatihah Transliteration
بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ (١)
Bi-smi llahi r-rahmani r-rahim
In the Name of God, the Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ ٱلْعَـٰلَمِينَ (٢)
Al-hamdu li-l-lahi rabbi l-alamin
All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'alamin (Mankind, jinns and all that exists).
ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ (٣)
The Most Beneficient, the Most Merciful,
مَـٰلِكِ يَوْمِ ٱلدِّينِ (٤)
Maliki yawmi d-din
The only owner (and the only ruling judge) of the day of recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).
إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ (٥)
Iyyaka na'budu wa-'iyyaka nasta'in
You (alone) we worship, and You (alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
ٱهْدِنَا ٱلصِّرَٰطَ ٱلْمُسْتَقِيمَ (٦)
Ihdina s-sirata l-mustaqim
Guide us to the straight way.
صِرَٰطَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ ٱلْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا ٱلضَّآلِّينَ (٧)
Sirata l-lazina 'an 'amta 'alayhim gayri l-magdubi 'alayhim wa-la d-dallin
The Path of those upon whom You have bestowed favor, not of those who have earned (Your) anger or of those who are astray.
The Importance of Surah Al-Fatihah
Surah Al-Fatihah is one of the most interesting surah to learn since there's no end to learning about the surah. The surah was revealed in Makkah with 7 verses and is filled with meanings and importance as it is also the most important surah in the Quran and we recite it in every prayer. Here are some of the importance of Surah Al-Fatihah:
- It is filled with Allah's praises for Himself in a beautiful manner, therefore we should praise Him too in the same manner. It also explains that on the day of resurrection, only Him and his power that could decide the outcome. Therefore, this surah could also be implied to encourage the sincerity of worshipping Allah and believing in His divinity and perfection. As we should also believe that Allah is always there to guide us on the right path.
- As we Muslims believe in the day of resurrection, this surah also encourages us to perform good deeds. This could be found through the warnings in the verses on indulging the sins once you follow the paths of misguidance.
- It is advisable to be read in every occasion due to its meanings. The same applies to the recitation during our prayers, that it is better to also say Aamiin after each recitation as it means "Oh Allah! Accept our invocation."
- Its importance is reflected as it is called the Ummul Quran or Umm Al-Kitab, as it is the foundation of the entire Quran as it starts both every Quran and every prayer.
- A prayer is invalid without its recitation and is deemed incomplete, as Allah would not accept incomplete prayers.
- It is also a form of communication and response between us the mortals and our Lord, either to ask for His blessings or to seek His help.
- As narrated by Hazrat Abu Said Al-Khudri RA, that Al-Fatihah was used to cure snake sting/poison/pain/illness during the time of the Prophets Muhammad and companions to treat or cure a person.
So remember, that every time you recite this surah to always be grateful for His blessings and believe that His help will always answer and solve your problems.
Join our telegram channel for the latest trends on travel and food.