Nabila has us all excited about traveling to Korea the second we can! From Halal food recommendations in Jeju Island to misconceptions about the local people and culture, we get schooled on what to do and expect the next time we head to Korea. We hope you love this episode and Nabila as much as we do!
What to Listen For
- Nur Fatin Nabila and the Korea Tourism Organization (KTO)
- How did she start working in Korean Tourism Organization (KTO)
- Going to Korea for an exchange program during University
- An international street in South Korea, Itaewon
- More and more halal options in South Korea
- Halal Korean and Japanese food in Singapore and Malaysia
- What should we have in a Korean restaurant? - Naengmyeon (Cold noodles), Kimchi-jjigae
- Popular Halal Restaurant in Seoul, South Korea
- Jeju being a hotspot for vegan food - Vegan Korean cuisine
- What is Jeju known for? - Local specialty: Seafood
- Halal traditional food
- Understanding the concept of Halal in Korea
- Things you should know as a first-time traveler to South Korea
- Conversing in English?
- What attractions should you go to in Jeju? - Tallest mountains in South Korea, Beautiful beaches
- Traveling to the smaller islands around Jeju
- Recommended duration to stay in Jeju to enjoy Jeju
- A holiday destination even for Koreans
- What would be the ideal day in Jeju for Fatin? - Cafe Hopping in Jeju
- The wide array of cafes in Jeju
- Tips on where to see more content and more information about traveling to Jeju
Check out our article on 8 New Attractions to Check-out in Jeju, South Korea
Places Mentioned in the Episode
4. Randy's Donuts Jeju - Popular donut joint in the US, featured in Ironman 2
7. Udo Island - the island that resembles a lying cow
11. Cafe Hopping: The Jungle Cafe, Sharon & Eden Cafe, Greem Cafe, Monsant Cafe (Ocean View) / Woljeongri Lowa Cafe (Ocean View)
12. Dasoni - Authentic Korean Cuisine (Vegetarian)
13. Uribong Sikdang - Muslim-friendly Korean Seafood Restaurant
Halal Travel Podcast
The Halal Travel Podcast hosted by Hazirah, Nurul, and Raudha as they talk candidly about travel, food, life, and everything else in between and sometimes with awesome guests! Listen to moving and inspirational stories from our guests from all walks of life.
Check out The Halal Travel Podcast page here!