If given the choice, would you emigrate from Singapore to anywhere else in the world? We talk about the good and the bad while enjoying our delicious Bahn Mi and Vietnamese coffee at the quaint and Muslim-friendly Joo Chiat Caphe.
What to Listen For
- Where they are today? - Vietnam? Vietnam Street food in Joo Chiat
- First time having Banh Mi and enjoying drip coffee
- The topic of the day: Migrating out of Singapore
- Hazirah: "Yes, let's say Australia, but not because I don't love Singapore but to experience a new place"
- Family attachment
- Living alone somewhere and being independent
- Nurul: "New Zealand, having my own farm and being self-sustaining..."
- Singapore, being a bit too chaotic at times
- Raudha: "When I was younger, I thought maybe when I start working I can move my parents here (New Zealand)..."
- Moving to Madinah
- Delicious Banh Mi, an option for people who want something different from Subway
- Adding an extra kick with the chili sauce
- Drip Coffee
- The team's family and friends who migrated
- Getting away from the rat race
- If you could migrate to one place, where would it be?
- Nurul: Space but for now New Zealand
- Hazirah: Madinah, its just really nice
- Raudha: Eastern Europe, slow quieter
- The reasons why people migrate? When is the right age to migrate?
Joo Chiat Caphe
263 Joo Chiat Rd, Singapore 427517
Halal Travel Podcast
The Halal Travel Podcast hosted by Hazirah, Nurul, and Raudha as they talk candidly about travel, food, life, and everything else in between and sometimes with awesome guests! Listen to moving and inspirational stories from our guests from all walks of life.
Check out The Halal Travel Podcast page here!