In this episode, we dropped by APSN and met up with the trainees behind APSN Café-for-All! The APSN Café-for-All, in collaboration with Andes by ASTONS, provides a real-life authentic environment for trainees with special needs from APSN Centre for Adults to train and prepare them before they head out for employment. If you're in the east, drop by their cafe on weekdays, 9.30 am to 4.30 pm at the Kembangan-Chai Chee Community Hub.
What to Listen For
- Where they are today - APSN Cafe for all
- What is APSN Cafe for All?
- How they came to know about the place?
- What did the team get for lunch?
- Cookies and snacks you can bring home from APSN
- Past podcast episode with APSN - Bringing Up My Special First Born with APSN
- 2-way Learning - Not only for trainees within APSN but also for the rest of the group where the trainees will be attached to
- The friendly people at APSN
- APSN Training Program - Stage by stage process to help the trainees assimilate into the working world outside
- Stage 1: Training within APSN - Learning about basic kitchen skills like cutting and baking
- Stage 2: Honing their skills in a restaurant very similar to the ones outside but in a controlled environment. To replicate work outside.
- Stage 3: They will then be connected and attached to an establishment outside
- Assistance being given to the trainees and the organizations that participate in APSN's program. Such as the trainees being assigned a job coach.
- Recounting Raudha's trip to Australia - Driving a campervan around on holiday
- How she managed to find Halal food for the road trip around Australia?
- APSN's The I Share. I Give. I Support! campaign
APSN Cafe for All
Address: Kembangan-Chai Chee Community Hub
Opening Hours: Mon - Fri (9.30 am to 4.30 pm)
Website | Facebook
I Share. I Give. I Support! Fundraising Campaign
Halal Travel Podcast
The Halal Travel Podcast hosted by Hazirah, Nurul, and Raudha as they talk candidly about travel, food, life, and everything else in between and sometimes with awesome guests! Listen to moving and inspirational stories from our guests from all walks of life.
Check out The Halal Travel Podcast page here!