The capital of the state of Arizona in the United States of America, Phoenix is a well-developed city. For a Muslim traveller, Phoenix offers good halal facilities. The downtown area of the city is quite eclectic. Surrounded by the Sonoran Desert, Phoenix is a wonderful city to visit and spend some time in.
There are quite a number of halal restaurants in the Phoenix metropolitan area. Whether you are looking for Pakistani/Indian, Mediterranean, American or European cuisine, there are a wide range of halal options available to dine in the city. Here is a list of halal restaurants in Phoenix.
- Krispy Krunchy Chicken (American cuisine) at 1867 East Van Buren Street, Phoenix.
- Khyber Halal (Afghani cuisine) at 4030 North 24th Street, Phoenix and at 1638 North 40th Street, Phoenix.
- Fattoush Restaurant (Mediterranean cuisine) at 4426 North 19th Avenue, Phoenix.
- Juba Restaurant (Somali cuisine) at 5050 East McCowell Road, Phoenix.
- Samarkand Restaurant (Uyghur cuisine) at 7823 North 19th Avenue, Phoenix.
- Al-Zohour Market & Restaurant (Middle Eastern cuisine) at 7814 North 27th Avenue, Phoenix.
- Al Rafedin (Middle Eastern cuisine) at 3650 West Camelback Road, Phoenix.
- Zam Zam World Foods (Pakistani cuisine) at 1638 North 40th Street, Phoenix.
- Baiz Market & Restaurant (Lebanese cuisine) at 523 North 20th Street, Phoenix.
Most of the halal restaurants have a clear halal sign displayed, while others are either owned by Muslims or verbally confirm that they serve halal food. It is always best to enquire with the staff of the restaurant before dining.
There are no specific Muslim concentrated neighbourhoods in Phoenix. The population is mixed and Muslims can be seen across the metropolitan area. The city however offers some good facilities for Muslims including Islamic schools and Islamic cultural centres. Here is a list of masjids in Phoenix.
- Al Rasoul Mosque at 5302 N. 35th Ave., Phoenix.
- Islamic Community Center of Phoenix at 7516 N. Black Canyon Hwy., Phoenix.
- Islamic Center-North Phoenix at 13246 N 23rd Ave, Phoenix.
- Muslim Community Mosque at 1818 N 32nd St, Phoenix.
- Islamic Center of America at 9026 N 9th St, Phoenix.
- Ismaili Cultural Center at 2150 E Highland Ave, Phoenix.